Critical Illness Cover
1 in 5 Britons have no savings at all. Even if we do, 1/3 of us have less than a month’s income put aside.
– Lloyds TSB & Scottish Widows Savings Reports
What You Get With Critical Illness Cover
- Pays out a significant lump sum when diagnosed with any serious illness covered.
- 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with a critical illness, than die before 65.
- You are free to spend the money exactly as you like.
- Pay off your mortgage or debts in the event of a serious illness.
- Live a less stressful life (cut down on work or give up) whilst you recover.
- Modify your home to help you cope with your illness.
- Or get away from it all with a holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions
- heart attack
- certain types and stages of cancer
- conditions such as multiple sclerosis
Most policies will also pay out if you are permanently disabled as a result of injury orillness. It only pays out once and then the policy ends.
Unless you have a combined life insurance with critical illness policy this type of insurance does not pay out if you die.
There are different types of critical illness insurance policies available, so it’s important toknow exactly what’s covered.
The money you get from a critical illness policy can be used to pay off a mortgage, to paymedical bills, home modifications or for anything else.
Critical illness cover could be a good choice for you if:
- you don’t have savings to tide you over if you were seriously ill
- you don’t have a good employee benefits package to cover a period of time off workdue to sickness
Claim statistics show that you are 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with a critical illness than you are to die before the age of 65. In spite of this, Critical Illness cover isn’t as common as Life Insurance which homeowners take out Life Insurance alongside a mortgage.
Critical Illness cover only ever pays out a fixed sum upon diagnosis, then the policy ends. If you want a regular income to provide for you if you are unable to work, take a look at our Income Protection Plans.
Give us a call today and our expert team will explain exactly how the policies work, help you choose the right cover for you, and find quotes to fit your budget.
Unbiased & Independent Insurance Providers with Your Best Interests at Heart
We’ve learnt all the jargon, so you don’t have to.
Monday to Friday / 8:30am to 5:30pm
An out of hours service
is monitored for callbacks
We’ll Call You Back
Need more information? Speak to us.
Send us your number, we’ll do the rest.
"- Peter from Exeter , WCHC CustomerI am constantly amazed at the help and service given to us…Nothing is too much trouble and the service is impeccable. [Westcountry Health Care] should be a known beacon to all other would-be health providing businesses. Small really is beautiful."
Critical Illness cover gives you a lump sum when you get diagnosed with a serious illness.