UK Staycation Insurance Plans
Travel insurance might not be at the front of your mind before you travel on a UK ‘Staycation’ break but if the unforeseen happens and your holiday is cancelled, you may not have far to travel to get home but without this plan you may have lost all your hard earned money on the accommodation and any excursions booked in advance? PJ Hayman have published an essential cover plan for all those taking their holidays in the United Kingdom and West Country Healthcare Ltd have pleasure in introducing it to you.
Do I need travel insurance for a UK Staycation?
Even if you are only 25 miles from home and you need to be hospitalised for at least 48 hours following emergency in-patient treatment or return home early or even extend your staycation, because of an illness or injury, there is emergency medical cover available to help pay for additional travel or accommodation costs.
What does Staycation Insurance cover?
- COVID-19: If you are taken ill with COVID-19 the cancellation of your trip will be covered up to the amount of your cover level*.
- Deposit, cancellation and curtailment cover – includes COVID-19 protection*.
- Serious Illness: If you need to cancel your holiday due to a serious illness affecting you or a close relative that prevents you from travelling, you will be covered up to a maximum of £4000 per party.
- Personal Cover: Personal Accident, Personal Liability, Personal Possessions & Personal Money, and ‘Unexpected Events’ Cover.
- Vehicle Breakdown: cover is included.
- Medical Repatriation: which includes cover for COVID related illness.
* If you or a member of your booked party is taken ill with COVID-19 within 14 days of your booked travel date and must cancel. It is essential to read the schedule of benefits of the insurance policy for total understanding of the concise terms, conditions and exclusions which will be sent to you with your certificate of insurance.
- For people of all ages.
- No medical screening required.
- Premiums based on the total holiday cost.
- Option to delete the standard claims excess.
- The policy is available to residents of the United Kingdom.
What to do next?
Ring us or email and we will help you have a stress-free Staycation
Staycation Policy Benefits
24-Hour Emergency Medical Repatriation & Vehicle Breakdown Assistance
- Access to first-class Medical Assistance and Vehicle Breakdown services.
- Experienced coordinators and medical specialists are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to resolve any problems.
Cancellation cover/Loss of Deposit /Curtailment
- Cost of the holiday up to £4000.
- Transport charges.
- Personal accommodation.
- UK car hire.
- Pre-paid excursions booked prior to holiday.
- £30 per person for travel delays over 6 hours. £15 for each additional 6 hours delay up to £90 in total per insured person in respect of additional expenses for travel and accommodation due to:
- Strike/industrial action.
- Adverse weather conditions.
- Mechanical breakdown of sea vessel/aircraft or train which results in the delay of at least 6 hours in the outward departure as specified in the itinerary of the insured person/persons.
"- David from Bideford , WCHC CustomerYour help in providing insurance cover for all my children now that they are all at the age of travelling the planet on their own has been particularly useful to me. Like all parents, I am beholden to professional people such as yourself to provide only the best for one’s children especially when you have lost what can only been termed as direct control. I know full well you have acted in my/my children’s best interests."
Private Medical Insurance
Access private medical care, avoid waiting lists and be seen quicker if you fall illRead More
Income Protection Cover
Want to protect your income in case an illness forces you to stop work?Read More
Want cover for contents and/or buildings either for your home or another property?Read More