Critical Illness Cover
What is a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
It’s an insurance policy that helps protect you and your family if you become seriously ill or have a critical illness such as motor neurone disease, cancer, a heart attack, brain tumour, leukaemia, stroke, multiple sclerosis, dementia and many more serious illnesses. The policy will pay out either a tax-free lump sum or instalments that you can use however you like – pay off your mortgage, cover monthly expenses while you are unwell, take a family trip to Disney Land or make special memories with your family.
What are the Key features of a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
- It safeguards your family against financial worries, especially if you are unable to work
- Policies can cover not only you but also your partner and your children if they are diagnosed with a critical illness
- You will receive a pay out immediately on diagnosis
- There are different levels of cover and policy lengths depending on your specific requirements
- Joint, single and family cover policies are available
- Payout can be used however you wish – for your mortgage, school fees, household expenses when you cannot work.
Why choose a Critical Illness policy with West Country Healthcare Ltd
- We offer a free service
- Our medically trained advisor will ensure you get the right policy tailored to meet your specific needs
- We offer advice and guidance to help you decide on the amount of cover and length of policy
- We have access to all the major insurance companies
- Premiums can start as low as £5.00 per month depending on your age and personal circumstances
Premiums can start as low as £5.00 per month
CALL US: 0800 690 6990
Frequently Asked Questions
1 in 5 Britons have no savings at all. Even if we do, 1/3 of us have less than a month’s income put aside.
– Lloyds TSB & Scottish Widows Savings Reports
Benefits of using us
The range of benefits vary depending on the level of premium and length of cover. Comprehensive telephone helplines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week offering practical information and guidance:
- Personal friend advice
- Medically trained advisors
- We offer a free service
- Safeguards your family against financial worries
- Joint, single and family cover policies
- Access to all the major insurance companies
- Immediate pay-outs
"- Peter from Exeter , WCHC CustomerI am constantly amazed at the help and service given to us…Nothing is too much trouble and the service is impeccable. [Westcountry Health Care] should be a known beacon to all other would-be health providing businesses. Small really is beautiful."
"- John , WCHC CustomerHaving used the team at West Country for our healthcare requirements for a number of years I have found their professionalism, care and attention second to none and having made a number of personal claims myself, I cannot thank them enough for taking away all the hassle and worry of ensuring I got the right care and attention. I would have no hesitation in recommending them."
We’ll Call You Back
Need more information? Speak to us.
Send us your number, we’ll do the rest.
Claim statistics show that you are 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with a critical illness than you are to die before the age of 65. In spite of this, Critical Illness cover isn’t as common as Life Insurance which homeowners take out Life Insurance alongside a mortgage.
Critical Illness cover only ever pays out a fixed sum upon diagnosis, then the policy ends. If you want a regular income to provide for you if you are unable to work, take a look at our Income Protection Plans.
Give us a call today and our expert team will explain exactly how the policies work, help you choose the right cover for you, and find quotes to fit your budget.
Critical Illness cover gives you a lump sum when you get diagnosed with a serious illness.