What is a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
It’s an insurance policy that helps protect you and your family if you become seriously ill or have a critical illness such as motor neurone disease, cancer, a heart attack, brain tumour, leukaemia, stroke, multiple sclerosis, dementia and many more serious illnesses. The policy will pay out either a tax-free lump sum or instalments that you can use however you like – pay off your mortgage, cover monthly expenses while you are unwell, take a family trip to Disney Land or make special memories with your family.
What are the Key features of a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
- It safeguards your family against financial worries, especially if you are unable to work
- Policies can cover not only you but also your partner and your children if they are diagnosed with a critical illness
- You will receive a pay out immediately on diagnosis
- There are different levels of cover and policy lengths depending on your specific requirements
- Joint, single and family cover policies are available
- Payout can be used however you wish – for your mortgage, school fees, household expenses when you cannot work.
Why choose a Critical Illness policy with West Country Healthcare Ltd
- We offer a free service
- Our medically trained advisor will ensure you get the right policy tailored to meet your specific needs
- We offer advice and guidance to help you decide on the amount of cover and length of policy
- We have access to all the major insurance companies
- Our premiums can start as low as £5.00 per month depending on your age and personal circumstances
Critical Illness Cover
Although Critical Illness cover isn’t as common as Life Insurance (most homeowners take out Life Insurance alongside a mortgage), claim statistics show that you are 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with a critical illness than you are to die before the age of 65.
Receiving a sum of money upon the diagnosis of a serious illness lightens the load dramatically. You are free to spend the money exactly as you’d like. You may want to:
- Pay off your mortgage or debts
- Live a less stressful life (cut down on work or give up) whilst you recover
- Modify your home to help you cope with your illness
- Or simply get away from it all with a holiday
Give us a call today and our expert team will explain exactly how the policies work, help you choose the right cover for you, and find quotes to fit your budget.
"- Peter from Exeter , WCHC CustomerI am constantly amazed at the help and service given to us…Nothing is too much trouble and the service is impeccable. [Westcountry Health Care] should be a known beacon to all other would-be health providing businesses. Small really is beautiful."
Protect your loved ones in the event of your deathRead More
Ensure peace of mind with a policy which pays out should you be unable to workRead More
Private Medical Insurance
Access private medical care, avoid waiting lists and be seen quicker if you fall illRead More