What is a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
It’s an insurance policy that helps protect you and your family if you become seriously ill or have a critical illness such as motor neurone disease, cancer, a heart attack, brain tumour, leukaemia, stroke, multiple sclerosis, dementia and many more serious illnesses. The policy will pay out either a tax-free lump sum or instalments that you can use however you like – pay off your mortgage, cover monthly expenses while you are unwell, take a family trip to Disney Land or make special memories with your family.
What are the Key features of a Critical Illness or Serious Illness Policy?
- It safeguards your family against financial worries, especially if you are unable to work
- Policies can cover not only you but also your partner and your children if they are diagnosed with a critical illness
- You will receive a pay out immediately on diagnosis
- There are different levels of cover and policy lengths depending on your specific requirements
- Joint, single and family cover policies are available
- Payout can be used however you wish – for your mortgage, school fees, household expenses when you cannot work.
Why choose a Critical Illness policy with West Country Healthcare Ltd
- We offer a free service
- Our medically trained advisor will ensure you get the right policy tailored to meet your specific needs
- We offer advice and guidance to help you decide on the amount of cover and length of policy
- We have access to all the major insurance companies
- Our premiums can start as low as £5.00 per month depending on your age and personal circumstances
Critical Illness Cover
Although Critical Illness cover isn’t as common as Life Insurance (most homeowners take out Life Insurance alongside a mortgage), claim statistics show that you are 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with a critical illness than you are to die before the age of 65.
Receiving a sum of money upon the diagnosis of a serious illness lightens the load dramatically. You are free to spend the money exactly as you’d like. You may want to:
- Pay off your mortgage or debts
- Live a less stressful life (cut down on work or give up) whilst you recover
- Modify your home to help you cope with your illness
- Or simply get away from it all with a holiday
Give us a call today and our expert team will explain exactly how the policies work, help you choose the right cover for you, and find quotes to fit your budget.
- heart attack
- certain types and stages of cancer
- conditions such as multiple sclerosis
Most policies will also pay out if you are permanently disabled as a result of injury or illness. It only pays out once and then the policy ends.
Health problems you knew you had before you took out the insurance are also very unlikely to be covered.
Unless you have a combined life insurance with critical illness policy this type of insurance does not pay out if you die.
There are different types of critical illness insurance policies available, so it’s important to know exactly what’s covered.
The money you get from a critical illness policy can be used to pay off a mortgage, to pay medical bills, home modifications or for anything else.
Critical illness cover could be a good choice for you if:
- you don’t have savings to tide you over if you were seriously ill
- you don’t have a good employee benefits package to cover a period of time off work due to sickness
"- Peter from Exeter , WCHC CustomerI am constantly amazed at the help and service given to us…Nothing is too much trouble and the service is impeccable. [Westcountry Health Care] should be a known beacon to all other would-be health providing businesses. Small really is beautiful."
Protect your loved ones in the event of your deathRead More
Ensure peace of mind with a policy which pays out should you be unable to workRead More
Private Medical Insurance
Access private medical care, avoid waiting lists and be seen quicker if you fall illRead More