Personal Funeral Plans
The cost of a funeral has increased every year for over a decade – it’s now more than 90% more expensive than in 2004. Can your family afford it?
– Sun Life Cost of Dying report 2015
What You Get With Personal Funeral Plans
- Fixed Funeral Costs.
- Lock in the costs at todays prices.
- Pay by monthly instalments.
- Fully covered after only 12 months and immediately covered for accidental death.
- No intrusive medical checks – acceptance guaranteed.
- Professional Services from a Funeral Director.
- Advice on registration, documentation and certification.
- Removal from place of death to funeral director’s premises.
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral.
- A coffin.
- Attendance of a conductor and 4 pall bearers on the day of the funeral.
- Provision of a hearse.
- Bereavement counselling (where available).
Frequently Asked Questions
From the outset, costs are fixed. You’ll be paying for your funeral at today’s costs. If you choose to pay by monthly instalments, this cost will be fixed at the start and will remain constant, however many years you pay into the plan.
You’re fully covered after only 12 months and you’re immediately covered for accidental death, right from the outset. What’s more, there’s no intrusive medical checks – your acceptance is guaranteed.
There are 3 options for payment to the plan.
- You may choose to make a one off payment in a single lump sum.
- Alternatively you can choose, after an initial deposit, to make monthly instalments for a period to suit you between 1 and 5 years.
- If you are aged between 50 and 75 you can take an easy payment option of a fixed monthly payment which will continue until you reach age 90. At the point of your death, even if this occurs before 90, any overpayment made into your plan will be reimbursed to your estate.
If you would like additional services not included in the plan, you simply let us know.
You may require a service at a local church or the purchase of a new grave and we would be happy to discuss this with you and incorporate these costs into your plan.
If you pay by monthly instalment, you are fully covered after just 12 months – regardless of how much you’ve paid into the plan.
However, if you die of natural causes before the 12 months is up, you are still covered.
If you pay a single lump sum, you are, of course, covered immediately.
Personal Funeral Plan Options.
There are 4 levels of funeral plan available: Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum
Each offers a selection of services on a sliding scale.
Here’s a chance to bring comfort and reassurance to your loved ones, even after your death.
The first funeral plan of its kind, this policy will ensure you’ve covered both the financial burden of your death and the emotional stress of having to plan a funeral.
What’s more, taking a funeral plan protects you and your family against the rising costs of funerals.
With 3 ways to pay and prices starting at under £20 a month, if you’re 50 or over you can take care of this today.
Call us for advice on 0800 690 6990 and we’ll explain your options.
Additional options in some plans include:
- A chapel of rest for family and friends to visit
- Limousine hire.
- Listing of floral tributes and thank you cards
The Silver, Gold and Platinum plans also include an allowance towards disbursements which would contribute towards Ministers, Doctors, Crematorium or Cemetery fees.
This contribution may not pay fees in full but the Funeral Director’s fees are guaranteed.
Unbiased & Independent Insurance Providers with Your Best Interests at Heart
We’ve learnt all the jargon, so you don’t have to.
Monday to Friday / 8:30am to 5:30pm
An out of hours service
is monitored for callbacks
We’ll Call You Back
Need more information? Speak to us.
Send us your number, we’ll do the rest.
"- Susie Colley , Westcountry Health CareWhen my husband died after a very short illness , I was left not only shocked and traumatised but in a very embarrassing financial state . To be left with a teenage daughter and no money added to the nightmare. To have to decide what sort of coffin and how many cars were needed for the funeral at such a time merely added to the excruciating pain that I was in. If I can help anyone from having to replicate my nightmare I will be happy."