A good travel plan does a lot more than simply cover medical bills should you fall ill or have an accident overseas. Taking out Travel Insurance can help you:
- Recoup your costs if you have to cancel your trip
- Replace lost documents or stolen possessions while you’re away
- Get money back for things you’ll miss if you have to come home early
- Cover your personal liability for accidents you cause overseas
- Help you claim compensation for accidents happening to you when abroad
- And of course…cover all medical needs from an infected bite to emergency treatment
There are several types of travel insurance and our team can help you choose the right type for your plans.
- Cancellation and curtailment – in case you have to cancel or cut short your holiday, perhaps because you lose your job and can no longer afford to travel, or if a relative falls ill while you are away and you need to come home early.
- Delay – you should be compensated if your flight is delayed for longer than 12 hours. To avoid any problems in receiving this compensation ask the airline to confirm the delay in writing and keep any receipts of anything you have to purchase due to the delay.
- Baggage and belongings – the policy pays out if your luggage or personal possessions are lost, damaged or stolen. Many travel insurers also put a limit on the payout for individual valuable items, such as cameras and laptops.
- Personal liability – if you injure someone, perhaps on the ski slopes, or you damage their property, they could make a claim against you.
- Emergency assistance – many insurance companies offer a 24-hour emergency helpline, which can be a lifesaver, particularly if you are in a different time zone.
- Medical cover – you don’t want to end up with a big medical bill if you are taken ill or have an accident while on holiday. Most experts recommend £2m of medical cover if you are travelling abroad, which should include repatriation in case you need to be flown back to the UK.
- Pregnancy – shouldn’t prevent a holiday, though you will have to check the terms and conditions of your policy. Most travel firms will insure pregnant women, though typically only up until about 24 weeks.
You should also remember that the EHIC usually only covers treatment in state-run hospitals – and in some countries the standard of state hospitals is poor. You will also have to pay any repatriation costs as the card does not include the cost of a flight home if you fall ill or have an accident while on holiday.
*WCHC not in control of or responsible for content in third party sites.
Activities or Adventure Travel Plans Perfect for skiing or horseriding holidays as these activities are often not covered by standard policies, but don’t let that limit your imagination! We can cover almost any activity or work abroad including amateur sports, manual work and hazardous pursuits like mountaineering or skydiving.
Cruise Travel Plans Cruises pose particular challenges to travel insurance policies because of the sheer number and range of destinations. Specialist Cruise Insurance will ensure good Evacuation and Repatriation cover from every destination on your itinerary.
Long Stay Travel Plans Long stays overseas can also challenge a regular travel insurance policy which may not be designed to cover long-term visits. These policies provide insurance protection for up to two years and, crucially, can be renewed from overseas if needed. not include the cost of a flight home if you fall ill or have an accident while on holiday.
"- David from Bideford , WCHC CustomerYour help in providing insurance cover for all my children now that they are all at the age of travelling the planet on their own has been particularly useful to me. Like all parents, I am beholden to professional people such as yourself to provide only the best for one’s children especially when you have lost what can only been termed as direct control. I know full well you have acted in my/my children’s best interests."
Private Medical Insurance
Access private medical care, avoid waiting lists and be seen quicker if you fall illRead More
Income Protection Cover
Want to protect your income in case an illness forces you to stop work?Read More
Want cover for contents and/or buildings either for your home or another property?Read More