Yes the traditions – the presents and food and treats are all important and part of the fun – but how prepared are you for those moments when the fairytale ends?
Allow me to inject a measure of practicality into your preparations with my Alternative Christmas List ensuring a drama-free holiday! Have you added these to your shopping list?
- Paracetamol tablets – for those headaches induced by screaming children, too many glasses of sherry or simply the dazzling effect of tinsel, lights and shiny paper
- Paracetamol liquid – for the little ones who develop a fever just as the shops shut for Christmas
- Cough Mixtures – for adults and children because nothing says Christmas like a head cold and hacking cough induced by over-sharing of germs at parties
- Anti-viral hand gel – for warding off the winter lurgies waiting to strike just before the big day
- Plasters – for when it takes four adults and an engineering manual to get into the packaging and you still manage to take half your hand off alongside
- Indigestion tablets – who said anything about over-indulging? It’s probably a spot of seasonal tummy…whatever you blame it on, have some little white pills to help out
- Anti-diarrhea or rehydration salts – for when your guests fail to inform you they’ve just got over the Norovirus and kiss you warmly on each cheek
- Sling – for your arm, when you fall off the stepladder putting up the decorations
- Arnica – for bruising (see above)
- A bottle opener – for when you’ve exhausted your supply of all of the above and need a festive tipple to get over it all!
Merry Christmas, one and all – wishing you all the best for 2015.