No-one wants to consider the event of their own death: yet it’s the only certainty in life. Even taxes vary! Death, at the present time, is indisputable. And so, if you have relatives, dependents, pets or livestock who rely on you then you need to care about what happens after your death.
Here are some of the reasons you should consider your demise.
- Who is going to pay for your funeral? Your coffin, the flowers, the cars etc?
- Who is going to pay off your credit card bills and other debts?
- Who is going to pay off your mortgage?
- Has any insurance policy you may have taken out years ago to cover these things actually got enough benefit to cover the costs?
- Who is going to pay your children’s university fees if you are not here?
- Who is going to pay April’s tax bill on last year’s earnings?
These aren’t rhetorical questions – there is an answer. That answer is: your next of kin. They will be responsible for all these costs.
If you have a robust Life Insurance policy which exceeds the amount you owe on your mortgage, then there’s a chance these things can be covered.
If you’re starting to add up the costs in your head, and worrying about your next of kin, why not give us a call? We can evaluate your current position, examine any current policies and advise you on your situation and how to improve it. There’s no obligation and no fee. My number is 0800 690 6990.
I’ll leave you with one final thought. Life policies are cheap. So ask yourself – do you really want to risk saddling your loved ones with your unresolved debts? Covering the cost of your spending can ease the trauma of a really difficult time. It’s probably the last kindness you can show to those you love.